CHOC-CHIP-1 - Chocolate chip cookies like Mrs. Fields makes
These cookies are a combination of oatmeal and chocolate chip. They are very rich, but very tasty. The recipe was obtained from a friend of a friend, who supposedly paid a large amount of money for it. However, the cookies do not taste exactly the same as the name brand.
INGREDIENTS (Yield approximately 60)
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar (granulated white)
2 cups brown sugar (dark brown)
4 eggs (large-use 5 if medium)
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups flour (sift before measuring)
5 cups rolled oats (oatmeal), powdered finely.
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
24 oz chocolate chips (being a purist, I prefer Toll House morsels)
8 oz chocolate bar, finely grated.
3 cups chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts, but you can use your favorite type.)
(1) Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
(2) Cream together the butter and the sugars.
(3) Sift together flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and shredded chocolate bar.
(4) Add eggs and vanilla to creamed sugar and butter, then mix all ingredients together.
(5) Mix chocolate chips and nuts into mixture.
(6) Drop by onto ungreased cookie sheet in small drops.
(7) Bake 6 minutes or until done.